Most people are familiar with Botox as an injectable for reducing wrinkles. However, a new and improved injectable in the market, Dysport, has a significant impact in the world of cosmetic surgery. Find out more below:
What is Dysport
Dysport is an injectable medication that temporarily improves the look of moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows, crow's feet, and forehead wrinkles. The active ingredient in Dysport is botulinum toxin type A, which works by blocking nerve signals that make muscles contract. This eventually relaxes and smoothens the appearance of wrinkles. The most common side effects are headache, injection site pain, injection site redness, temporary eyebrow drooping, upper respiratory tract infection, and nausea.
Pros of Using Dysport
You're not alone if you're considering Dysport for your next beauty treatment. Thousands of people worldwide have used this popular injectable to achieve a youthful appearance. Here are just a few of the many benefits of Dysport:
- It can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- It can give you a more youthful appearance.
- It can help improve your self-confidence.
- It is safe and effective when administered by a qualified physician.
- It has minimal side effects.
- It is affordable.
- It is minimally invasive and requires no downtime.
- It can be performed in a matter of minutes.
- The results are long-lasting but not permanent.
Differences Between Dysport and Botox
Botox and Dysport are both popular injectable treatments that can help improve the appearance of wrinkles. Here's a quick rundown between Dysport and Botox:
- Botox is widely considered more effective than Dysport in terms of reducing the appearance of wrinkles. However, some people find Dysport works better because it diffuses more easily into the muscles.
- Botox and Dysport can have similar side effects, such as bruising, swelling, and redness at the injection site. However, Botox is more likely to cause drooping of the eyelids than Dysport.
- Botox typically lasts for about 3-4 months, while Dysport may last for about 4-6 months. Ultimately, how long each injectable lasts will depend on your body chemistry and muscle activity.
At Orange County Cosmetic Surgery, we offer FDA-approved services to clients in Huntington Beach, California, and beyond. Before you settle on any cosmetic surgery, you should consult our board-certified practitioners, who will provide the best advice and outcomes for your procedure. To consult on the Dysport procedure, visit our official website http://www.occosmeticsurgeon.com/ or call us on 714-379-9777.