A mommy makeover is a comprehensive cosmetic solution that incorporates multiple breast and body procedures to restore a woman’s pre-pregnancy figure. If you would like to address the impact that childbirth, breastfeeding and the rigorous pace of motherhood has had on your body, Orange County Cosmetic Surgery can help you look and feel your best. Dial 714-379-9777 today to learn more or to schedule a consultation with our knowledgeable plastic surgeon!
See What Our Patients Are Saying...
"When I first started seeing doctors for my mommy makeover I was a little discouraged. That was until I met Dr. Miller and his staff. From the moment I met him I knew he was different from other doctors. He didn’t make me feel like a bother with all of my questions and was happy to answer them respectfully. I love my results and have told everyone I know to see Dr. miller."
To learn how a mommy makeover can improve your shape, call 714-379-9777 today to schedule a free initial consultation with cosmetic surgeon Dr. Anthony Miller. We welcome patients from Huntington Beach, Orange County, Newport Beach and surrounding California areas.
What Issues Can a Mommy Makeover Address?
The rigors of pregnancy and motherhood can take a toll on your body. If, additionally, you lack adequate exercise, sleep and nutrition, it can be very difficult for your body to bounce back to its pre-pregnancy shape. Some of the most common aesthetic issues that a mommy makeover can address include:
- Deflated breasts lacking their pre-pregnancy volume
- Sagging or droopy breasts
- Loose abdominal skin
- Stretch marks on the abdomen
- Loose abdominal wall without tone despite exercise
Whatever your concern is, Dr. Miller will be happy to discuss all of your options. He will guide you through the process with honesty and compassion and help you decide which procedures are best suited for your mommy makeover.
A Mommy Makeover Designed Just for You
Your body and goals are completely unique. Likewise, your mommy makeover will be fully customized to meet your individual goals and aesthetic tastes. Depending on your situation, your mommy makeover procedure may include:
- Breast augmentation: With breast implants or fat transfer, Dr. Miller can restore the size and shape of your breasts.
- Breast lift: Nursing can eventually cause your breasts to droop or sag. A breast lift can elevate the position of your breasts and restore a youthful, perky appearance.
- Breast reduction: If you are unhappy with the appearance and discomfort of overly large breasts, breast reduction surgery can improve your comfort and self-confidence.
- Tummy tuck: One of the most common elements of mommy makeovers, abdominoplasty removes excess fat and skin from the abdominal region to create a toned, fit appearance.
- Liposuction: Through this common procedure, Dr. Miller can eliminate stubborn pockets of unwanted fat from virtually any part of your body.
Mommy Makeover Before & After
During your free initial consultation, Dr. Miller will review your medical history, evaluate your anatomical condition and discuss what you’d like to accomplish with your mommy makeover. He will explain all of your options and recommend the treatment plan that best aligns with your goals, budget and lifestyle.
How Should I Prepare for My Mommy Makeover?
During your consultation to discuss a Mommy Makeover designed around your unique needs, it's beneficial to ask all of the questions that come to mind. Coming into your procedure as well-informed as possible is a significant factor in your overall experience. We're here to support you by providing all of the details you need to know, including some of the ways in which you can prepare for your procedure. Aside from asking questions, you can approach your Mommy Makeover with your health and recovery in mind. Tips include:
- Avoid smoking and nicotine use for at least six weeks before surgery.
- Dial in your diet to include an abundance of lean protein, healthy fats, and green, leafy vegetables.
- Maintain a moderate, consistent exercise routine. Avoid overdoing strenuous exercise or rapid weight loss.
- Arrange to have at least two full weeks off work.
- Arrange to have round-the-clock support at home for at least the first week of your recovery.
- Pick up prescriptions and other necessary medical supplies, such as compression garments.
- Gather items that will keep you comfortable and entertained as you recover from surgery.
Where are Mommy Makeover Incisions Made?
Your Mommy Makeover is designed completely around your needs and desired outcome. This means that your incisions may be different than anyone else's In general, Mommy Makeover incisions are made in locations where the resulting scars can be hidden without much effort. For example, if your treatment involves breast augmentation, Dr. Miller may create incisions around the areola only. If your makeover involves a breast lift, you may have incisions around the areola as well as vertically down the center of each breast. More extensive lifts also have incisions that run horizontally across the crease beneath the breasts. Abdominoplasty incisions are made horizontally between the hip bones, below the bikini line. Liposuction involves tiny nicks in the skin versus longer incisions. The scars that result from this body contouring procedure are usually so small that they go unnoticed regardless of where they are placed.
What Should I Expect During Mommy Makeover Recovery?
While we don't want you to feel overwhelmed by the prospect of Mommy Makeover surgery, we also want you to be fully prepared for what may occur. In general, patients who know what to expect during recovery tend to feel more comfortable and confident as their surgery day approaches.
After your Mommy Makeover, you can expect to develop bruising and swelling. The surgical areas will feel sore and tender. Areas where incisions were made may feel numb for a short time. Your nipple sensation, if you've had breast surgery, may feel diminished for a short time. To manage your comfort level, you'll rely on prescription pain medication for at least a few days. These may make you feel groggy. This grogginess, and the natural physical toll of surgery, may cause you to need more rest and sleep than is normal for you. Trust this process and allow yourself to rest as much as your body needs. Going slow, you'll find that your overall recovery is much more efficient and comfortable.
Physical activity will be limited during your Mommy Makeover recovery. You will not be cleared to exercise for six weeks. However, to prevent the formation of blood clots and support tissue healing, it's important that you walk short distances a few times every day, beginning the day of surgery.
Schedule A Mommy Makeover Consultation In Orange County!
You deserve to look and feel your absolute best. If you would like to restore your body to its pre-pregnancy shape, please call Orange County Cosmetic Surgery today at 714-379-9777 to arrange a free, no-obligation consultation with cosmetic surgeon Dr. Anthony Miller. You can also fill out and submit the Email Contact Form below, and our talented staff will help you arrange your personalized appointment. Our friendly, state-of-the-art practice serves Huntington Beach, Orange County and Newport Beach, California and nearby areas.