Whether disfiguring or simply unattractive, scars can take an emotional toll, especially when they are highly visible. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Anthony Miller understands the impact that scarring can have on your self-image, and is committed to helping you restore your appearance and confidence.
To learn how Dr. Miller can help you address the appearance of scars, call 714-379-9777 today to schedule your free initial consultation. We serve patients from throughout California, including Huntington Beach, Orange County and Newport Beach.
Scar Revision Tailored For You
No two patients or scars are exactly the same, which is why your scar revision treatment must be fully customized to your unique needs. Dr. Miller’s approach to your scar treatment will depend on a variety of factors, such as:
- Your age
- Your general health
- Your current medications
- Your skin’s texture and tone
- The blood supply to the scar
- The location of your scar
- The depth of injury
During your free initial scar revision consultation, Dr. Miller will review your medical history and assess your scar. He will explain all of your treatment options and recommend the treatment plan that can best meet your expectations. It’s important to understand that while scars can never be completely eliminated, they can be diminished or camouflaged.
Common Types of Scars
Before undergoing any scar revision treatment, it is essential to understand the type of scar you have. This will determine the treatment strategy used by Dr. Miller. Some of the most common types of scars include:
- Atrophic scar: This type of scar results from the body’s inability to regenerate tissue. Atrophic scarring often occurs after chickenpox or acne. They can simply lie flat, or appear indented or depressed.
- Hypertrophic scar: This type of scar is caused by the overproduction of collagen by the body’s reaction to a trauma or injury of some kind. A hypertrophic scar appears raised and red, and can restrict movement if it is located near a joint.
- Keloid scar: This type of scar, like a hypertrophic scar, results from the body’s overproduction of collagen in response to injury. Keloids are typically treated with steroid injections.
Why Choose Dr. Miller?
Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Anthony Miller understands scarring and performs scar revision treatments to effectively minimize the appearance of scars. During your initial consult, he will evaluate your scar and recommend the treatment strategy that is best for you. Depending on your unique situation, he may recommend a surgical, non-surgical or combination of surgical and non-surgical treatments to attain the optimal result.
No scar can be completely eradicated, but a comprehensive strategy can greatly improve its appearance. Dr. Miller will explain your treatment options and design a plan tailored specifically for you.
Schedule Your Free Scar Revision Consultation Today
If you live in the Huntington Beach, Orange County or Newport Beach areas of California and are considering scar revision treatment, contact Orange County Cosmetic Surgery today by completing the form on this page or calling 714-379-9777 to schedule your free initial consultation with Dr. Miller. We look forward to meeting you!