Breast surgery is a very personal and potentially life-changing type of cosmetic surgery. Cosmetic surgeon Dr. Anthony Miller understands the complexities of breast procedures and works closely with each of his patients in order to help them achieve a breast size and shape that they are comfortable and happy with.
If you are interested in any of the breast surgery procedures offered at Orange County Cosmetic
Surgery, please call 714-379-9777 today to schedule your complimentary consultation with Dr. Miller. Our state-of-the-art office serves patients throughout California, including Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, Orange County, and Newport Beach.
Types of Breast Surgery Procedures
At Orange County Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Miller offers the following types of breast procedures:
- Breast Augmentation: Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that enhances the size, shape, and appearance of the breasts. This procedure is performed typically on women who are looking to increase their breast size or enhance their breast shape. As one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in the country, breast augmentation often results in women feeling more comfortable and confident in their bodies.
- Breast Lift: Breast lifts are performed to restore sagging or drooping breasts back to their youthful position. This procedure often results in perkier, higher-placed breasts and helps patients to feel younger and more vibrant.
- Breast Reduction: If overly large breasts are causing you discomfort and physical limitations, breast reduction surgery can give you a smaller, lighter, more comfortable bosom. Breast reduction surgery has historically helped many women relieve back pain, chest pain, and other long-lasting issues due to the size of their breasts. Many patients find that smaller breasts help them live their day-to-day lives easier.
- Male Breast Reduction (Gynecomastia): If you are a man with excess breast tissue, gynecomastia surgery can provide a more masculine chest appearance. By removing excess skin, gland tissue, and fat from the male breast area, this liposuction procedure will reduce the protrusion of the breasts on your chest.
No matter what shape or size of breasts you desire, Dr. Anthony Miller can probably help you obtain them. He takes care to make sure that your new breasts will appear balanced and proportionate with the rest of your body, and that you know beforehand how they will look and feel.
Dr. Miller offers multiple breast implants for breast augmentation so that your procedure can be highly customized. No two patients' breasts are exactly alike, and Dr. Miller personalizes each procedure for the best results. Dr. Miller always uses sizers in the operating room to confirm the sizing is perfect.
Breast procedures can also be combined if necessary. A typical combination is breast augmentation plus breast lift for perkier, fuller breasts. Breast reduction is sometimes combined with augmentation to assist in aesthetically shaping the breasts
Benefits of Breast Surgery
Breast surgery procedures have very high satisfaction rates as the intention behind many patients’ desire for breast surgery often comes from a place of seeking comfort or confidence. Many women are dissatisfied with breasts that are too small, too big, or asymmetrical, and breast surgery can help to correct these issues and achieve a more feminine, well-proportioned figure. Though it’s often believed that breast surgeries are centered only around the way a woman looks or is perceived, achieving the desired breast size can have a huge impact on a patient’s self-confidence, self-image, and mental health. Not only can breast surgery be a major physical change, but it can also impact one’s internal sense of self and new-found self-esteem.
Some benefits of breast surgery include:
- Increased self-confidence
- Better-fitting bras and clothes
- More balanced figure
- Reduced back pain (with breast reduction)
- Reconstruction after breast cancer surgery
- Increased sense of femininity
Dr. Miller is able to achieve great results because of his in-depth consultations, close patient relationships, and unwillingness to compromise on safety or excellence. For Dr. Miller, the best possible outcome is non-negotiable. If he feels for any reason that he will not be able to achieve the best results, he will not perform the surgery.
Male Breast Reduction – Gynecomastia Surgery
Breast Reduction Surgery for Males is the process of removing excess skin or fat tissue around the breast and is used to treat gynecomastia to achieve a more masculine chest appearance. Gynecomastia is a condition where swollen breast tissue due to a hormonal imbalance causes the more noticeable appearance of male breasts and is common among men in the United States. If gynecomastia causes you discomfort or distress, a male breast reduction surgery may benefit you. Essentially, this procedure is liposuction for the male breasts, and Dr. Miller is dedicated to helping men - as well as women - achieve their desired results.
For more information on our Male Breast Reduction procedure, click here.
Why Is Day Three After Breast Surgery So Impactful?
Day three after breast surgery is considered one of the most impactful for several reasons. In addition to pain and swelling peaking at this time, the initial healing phase also begins. If you had drains placed to facilitate wound drainage, they will probably be removed at this time.
By postoperative day three, your mobility will also increase. Patients are encouraged to walk as much as they can comfortably and to resume light activities as tolerated.
It is advised that you also ask your surgeon about any specific concerns you may have. Understanding the postoperative period can help you manage any postoperative pain more effectively.
What To Do Pre and Post Surgery
Prior to your breast surgery, there are things you need to do to:
- Get medical clearance from your primary care physician.
- Stop smoking at least one to two months prior to your surgery date. Smoking can inhibit your body’s ability to heal properly.
- Avoid certain medications. Aspirin and blood thinners can increase your bleeding during and after surgery. Consult with the prescribing physician prior to stopping any medication.
- Arrange for postoperative help. The first day or two after surgery can be painful, so enlist the help or friends or family to step in during this time.
- Prep your home: Be sure to stock up on everything you might need during the initial postoperative period. You should also meal prep at least a week’s worth of meals prior to surgery. That way, all you will need to do is reheat in the oven or microwave.
After surgery, you need to follow your surgeon’s instructions to avoid possible complications. Be sure to rest as much as possible, stay hydrated, and resume taking prescription medication as prescribed.
It is equally important to avoid any type of strenuous activity or lifting, especially during the first few days following breast surgery. Avoid smoking and alcohol as this can inhibit your body’s natural healing abilities.
Be sure to reach out to Dr. Miller if you have any questions about your postoperative course or if you experience any postoperative complications.
Breast Surgery Patient Testimonial
"Dr. Miller and his staff (Cynthia and Vanessa) get 10 stars! I had a breast augmentation and was extremely nervous about the surgery. The moment I met with Dr. Miller I felt comfortable. He is professional, kind, and thorough, and answered all of my questions. The surgery went great and I am in love with the results. If you are looking for the best Dr in Orange County I highly recommend you meet with him!"
Schedule Your Breast Surgery Consultation
If you would like to improve the size and/or shape of your breasts, call Dr. Miller today at 714-379-9777 to schedule your free consultation. He serves patients from in and around Huntington Beach, Orange County, Costa Mesa, and Newport Beach.