Breast augmentation is a surgical breast procedure designed to enhance the size, volume and shape of the breasts with breast implants. If you desire a fuller, more balanced and more attractive bust, cosmetic surgeon Dr. Anthony Miller can help you achieve your aesthetic goals.
To learn more about breast augmentation and your candidacy for the procedure, contact Orange County Cosmetic Surgery today online or at 714-379-9777 to schedule your free initial consultation. We welcome patients from throughout California, including Huntington Beach, Orange County and Newport Beach.
Read more about breast enhancement in the sections below:
- What Is Breast Augmentation?
- Benefits of Breast Augmentation
- Am I a Good Candidate for Breast Enlargement?
- Breast Implants
- What Is the Right Breast Implant Size for Me?
- Incision Placement Options for Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Placement Options
- Breast Augmentation Revision Surgery
- Breast Augmentation Recovery
- Why Choose Dr. Anthony Miller for Your Breast Augmentation?
- Schedule Your Free Breast Augmentation Consultation
Breast augmentation surgery utilizes breast implants to add volume and balance to the chest area. Whether your goal is to achieve a breast size and shape that you’ve dreamed about or restore symmetry and fullness lost during pregnancy or weight loss, breast augmentation can provide results that are beautiful and natural-looking.
A number of factors may drive the choice to undergo breast augmentation. Typically, patients choose breast enlargement to address a variety of aesthetic concerns, such as:
- Increase breast size
- Improve breast symmetry
- Create more pronounced cleavage
- Increase breast projection
- Balance the proportion between the chest and hips
While breast enhancement surgery offers an array of physical changes, many patients experience improved self-esteem and increased confidence. No matter what you hope to achieve with breast surgery, whether you undergo it as a stand-alone procedure or as part of a mommy makeover, Dr. Miller will work to understand your unique goals and develop a plan that is fully customized just for you.
If you are unhappy with the size and shape of your breasts and are in generally good health, you are likely a good candidate for breast augmentation. During your initial consultation with Dr. Miller, he will assess your candidacy for the procedure by evaluating a number of factors. You may be an ideal candidate for breast augmentation if you are:
- Not currently pregnant or breastfeeding
- A non-smoker (or willing to quit during recovery)
- Realistic in your expectations.
"I underwent a breast augmentation with Dr. Miller and I could not be happier. His staff and Dr. Miller made me feel comfortable through the entire process. He encouraged questions and was always available to answer them. I have recommended him to all my friends and family."
When deciding if breast augmentation or other cosmetic breast procedure is right for you, there is simply no substitute for meeting personally with cosmetic surgeon Dr. Anthony Miller in a free, confidential, one-on-one consultation. He will review your medical history, conduct a thorough examination and explain all of your treatment options.
At Orange County Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Miller offers Gummy Bear, form-stable, breast implants. This special type of silicone implant consists of a durable cohesive gel that, like its candy namesake, is form-stable, even when cut in half.
The size and profile of the breast implant that is best for you will be determined by your unique aesthetic goals. Dr. Miller has extensive experience helping patients choose the right implant. With a discerning eye for harmony and balance, Dr. Miller can help you achieve stunning results.
Determining the ideal breast implant size to compliment your figure requires experience, skill and an artistic eye. Dr. Miller considers a number of factors, and will work closely with you to help you achieve the final outcome you desire. Some of the factors used to determine the right size of your breast implants include:
- Your desired final breast size
- Skin elasticity
- Your amount of natural breast tissue
- The dimensions of your chest, weight and height
- Your lifestyle and physical activity
The process for sizing implants begins at your free initial consultation with Dr. Miller. Sizing techniques including a sizing kit that will give you a preview of the shape and size of the breast at different volumes. Dr. Miller will ensure your implants are symmetrical and that they successfully achieve the size and shape you want.
Dr. Miller offers two types of incision options:
- Periareolar incision: This incision option is made along the edge of the areola. The scar is concealed well and the incision is good for all breast implant types.
- Inframammary incision: This incision option is made along the crease underneath the breast. This technique is appropriate for all types of breast implants and creates a well-concealed scar.
Which incision type is right for you? To answer this, Dr. Miller considers a variety of factors, including your:
- Body type
- Amount and quality of natural breast tissue
- Type, size and placement of your breast implant
- Desired results, such as cleavage and upper breast fullness
- Whether your breast augmentation will include a breast lift
- Your personal preference
- Your expectations for results
- Areola size
Dr. Miller will discuss all of your breast augmentation options, including incisions, during your initial consultation. Together, you will collaborate on a fully-customized plan, tailored to your unique body and goals.
When choosing the appropriate breast implant placement, Dr. Miller will recommend one of three options:
- Subglandular implant placement: With this type of placement, the breast implant is positioned between the chest muscle and the breast tissue (under the glands).
- Submuscular implant placement: This type of placement involves breast implant placement beneath the chest muscle.
- Dual plane placement: The most commonly used technique where the implant is submuscular as well as subglandular.
Dr. Miller will explain these options and discuss his recommendation with you. As with every choice made along your transformative journey, Dr. Miller will answer your questions, address your concerns and help you make an informed decision.
If your aesthetic tastes have changed over time, breast augmentation revision surgery gives you the option to choose a different size or shape of implant. Patients also visit Dr. Miller when they are displeased by a previous surgeon’s work or to address a complication.
No matter why you need breast revision surgery, Dr. Miller has the knowledge, skill, experience and precision needed to ensure you receive the highest standards of quality and safety.
While everyone heals differently, most patients plan to take at least a week off from work after breast augmentation surgery. You should avoid exercise, especially using upper body or chest muscles, for the first two weeks of your recovery. After two weeks, you can begin lower-body exercise and switch from a special post-operative bra to a sports bra. After six weeks Dr. Miller’s patient can return to full unrestricted activity.
Dr. Miller will provide you with detailed pre and post operative instructions. He will explain how you should prepare for your surgery and what to expect during each step of your recovery. He encourages questions and is always available to answer your questions and address your concerns.
Dr. Anthony Miller is a fellowship-trained cosmetic surgeon. He has performed hundreds of surgical breast procedures and understands the importance of creating results that are both elegant and natural-looking. He combines surgical precision and an artful eye with compassion and individualized patient care.
When you choose Orange County Cosmetic Surgery, you will never be treated like a number; you’ll be treated like family. We know what a personal decision cosmetic surgery can be, and we are committed to helping you attain your goals in a warm, encouraging and supportive environment.
Dr. Miller knows that no two patients or aesthetic goals are exactly the same. He will work with you to understand exactly what you hope to achieve with your procedure and explain all of your options.
If you live in the Huntington Beach, Orange County or Newport Beach areas of California and would like to find out if breast augmentation is right for you, please call Orange County Cosmetic Surgery today at 714-379-9777 to arrange a free initial consultation with cosmetic surgeon Dr. Anthony Miller.