Dermal fillers are injectable treatments that can help restore volume to the skin. They can be used on their own for subtle, non-surgical enhancement, or they can be used in conjunction with facial cosmetic surgery for more comprehensive results.
If you are interested in a cosmetic injectable treatment, call Orange County Cosmetic Surgery today at 714-379-9777 to schedule your free consultation. We serve Huntington Beach, Orange County and Newport Beach.
Dr. Miller offers a variety of dermal fillers, including:
- Juvederm and Restylane: The Juvederm and Restylane dermal filler families are made of hyaluronic acid, which is a naturally occurring substance that helps keep skin hydrated and elastic. These fillers provide instant results and require little to no downtime.
- Sculptra: Originally developed to help counter facial wasting in HIV-positive patients, Sculptra is now used as a cosmetic treatment to help reduce age-related volume loss. It has recently become popular as a non-surgical butt lift. Sculptra is highly effective in creating a more rounded, shapely backside in women and men who want gradual enhancement without surgery.
- Fat transfer: Fat transfer is not strictly non-surgical, as it requires fat to be harvested from another part of your body. However, it is a long-lasting and effective way to add volume to the face, buttocks, or breasts.
What Can Dermal Fillers Treat?
Dermal fillers can be used in a number of ways, depending on your individual circumstances. Some of the most popular uses for dermal fillers include:
- Lip augmentation
- Cheek and chin augmentation
- Nasolabial fold reduction
- Filling of hollows in the cheeks or temples
- Reduction of under eye circles
- Smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduction of acne scars
Dermal filler treatments are popular as a supplement to facial cosmetic surgery.
In addition, Sculptra butt lifts and breast augmentation using fat transfer are becoming more popular as less-invasive alternatives to traditional butt or breast implants. Ask Dr. Miller whether or not you are a candidate for these procedures during your consultation.
BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport
BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport injections are among the most popular facial rejuvenation treatments in the nation. They provide a youthful appearance that can last for several months. The entire procedure can be completed on your lunch break, and you can immediately return to all of your normal activities.
Unlike dermal fillers that restore lost volume, BOTOX® Cosmetic and Dysport create a youthful appearance by blocking the nerve signals that cause muscles to tense. When these facial muscles are relaxed, they also relax the skin above them, reducing the appearance of deep wrinkles and fine lines.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Cosmetic Injectable Treatments?
Almost anyone can be a good candidate for cosmetic injectables. If you are not quite ready for a surgical procedure but still want to look refreshed and rejuvenated, a combination of injectable treatments may be the solution.
Since injectables are non-surgical, many of the restrictions placed on cosmetic surgery candidates do not apply. You can still have a cosmetic injectable treatment even if you are a smoker or obese. Most medical conditions also do not interfere with cosmetic injectable candidacy, although it is important that you let Dr. Miller know of any chronic medical conditions you may have.
Ideal candidates for cosmetic injectables:
- Are aware of the potential risks and complications
- Have realistic expectations
- Understand that results are not permanent
Dr. Miller will discuss your concerns during your consultation and let you know if you are a candidate for cosmetic injectables alone, or if you would benefit more from surgery or a combination of surgery and injectables. He will never pressure you into a procedure you don't want, but he will be honest about what type of procedure will best achieve your goals.
Schedule Your Cosmetic Injectable Consultation
If you are interested in cosmetic injectable treatments, don't hesitate to schedule your free consultation with Dr. Miller by calling 714-379-9777 today. Orange County Cosmetic Surgery helps women and men from throughout Huntington Beach, Orange County and Newport Beach, California.